At Long Beach Orthopedic Center, medications are often recommended or prescribed by one of our doctors in order to reduce inflammation and pain. Any time you are directed to take medication, it will be under the care of one of our doctors. It is also likely to be one of many steps that we take to manage your condition or injury.
Orthopedic injuries and conditions often involve medications such as:
- Opioids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – General relief from pain and discomfort
- Anti-anxiety – Muscle pain relief
- Antidepressants – Relief for sleep problems, pain, and chronic fatigue
- Anticonvulsants – Relief for pain caused by trigeminal neuralgia
- Anti-migraine – Relief for pain and other associated symptoms